Open daily at 9 a.m. Explore our exciting and educational exhibits that are designed to be fun for the whole family.
In response to the deadly Avian Flu, the Aquarium is working under the direction of and in coordination with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to ensure the safety of our Humboldt penguin colony. As a result of enhanced safety protocols, we are not able to offer the Penguin Encounters at this time.
- This unique experience is for all you penguin lovers!
- Here’s a unique opportunity to experience a beak-to-nose encounter sitting right next one of our Humboldt penguins.
- Watch them waddle around, learn more about these fascinating Peruvian birds from a penguin keeper, and enjoy unlimited photos with your new feathered friend.
- Includes General Admission
Please note, this program does not include any tactile interaction with a penguin (touching).
Come see the Humboldt Penguins of Niagara!
Humboldt penguins are a threatened species. Major threats to their survival include:
- Reduction in food supply because of commercial overfishing
- Global climate change
- Increased frequency of El Nino weather events
- Habitat destruction
- Entanglement in fishing nets
- Mining activities
- Overexploitation of guano (poop), disturbance of nesting sites
- Marine pollution