Open daily at 9 a.m. Explore our exciting and educational exhibits that are designed to be fun for the whole family.
This unique experience is for all you penguin lovers!
- Here’s a unique opportunity to experience a beak-to-nose encounter sitting right next one of our Humboldt penguins.
- Watch them waddle around, learn more about these fascinating Peruvian birds from a penguin keeper, and enjoy unlimited photos with your new feathered friend.
- Includes General Admission
In response to the deadly Avian Flu, the Aquarium is working under the direction of and in coordination with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to ensure the safety of our Humboldt penguin colony. Penguin Encounters include the following enhanced safety protocols:
- Participants must acknowledge that they have not handled or interacted with wild or domestic birds within 12 hours of their scheduled penguin encounter.
- Participants will use a foot bath before entering the encounter area.
- Participants will wear Aquarium-provided foot/leg coverings for the duration of the encounter.
- Encounters will be limited to a maximum of four guests.
This program does not include any tactile interaction with a penguin (touching).
Please note: Beginning October 1, 2022, animal interaction programs will no longer include general admission.
Come see the Humboldt Penguins of Niagara!
Humboldt penguins are a threatened species. Major threats to their survival include:
- Reduction in food supply because of commercial overfishing
- Global climate change
- Increased frequency of El Nino weather events
- Habitat destruction
- Entanglement in fishing nets
- Mining activities
- Overexploitation of guano (poop), disturbance of nesting sites
- Marine pollution