Open daily at 9 a.m. Explore our exciting and educational exhibits that are designed to be fun for the whole family.
- This unique experience is for all you penguin lovers!
- Here’s a unique opportunity to experience a beak-to-nose encounter sitting right next one of our Humboldt penguins.
- Watch them waddle around, learn more about these fascinating Peruvian birds from a penguin keeper, and enjoy hands-on interaction with your new feathered friend!
Includes General Admission
Please note: Animal Encounter participants must be at least 8 years old.
Come see the Humboldt Penguins of Niagara!
Humboldt penguins are a threatened species. Major threats to their survival include:
- Reduction in food supply because of commercial overfishing
- Global climate change
- Increased frequency of El Nino weather events
- Habitat destruction
- Entanglement in fishing nets
- Mining activities
- Overexploitation of guano (poop), disturbance of nesting sites
- Marine pollution