Open daily at 9 a.m. Explore our exciting and educational exhibits that are designed to be fun for the whole family.
This unique experience is for all you penguin lovers!
- Here’s a unique opportunity to experience a beak-to-nose encounter sitting right next one of our Humboldt penguins.
- Watch them waddle around, learn more about these fascinating Peruvian birds from a penguin keeper, and enjoy unlimited photos with your new feathered friend.
In response to the deadly Avian Flu, the Aquarium is working under the direction of and in coordination with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to ensure the safety of our Humboldt penguin colony. Penguin Encounters include the following enhanced safety protocols:
- Participants must acknowledge that they have not handled or interacted with wild or domestic birds within 12 hours of their scheduled penguin encounter.
- Participants will use a foot bath before entering the encounter area.
- Participants will wear Aquarium-provided foot/leg coverings for the duration of the encounter.
- Encounters will be limited to a maximum of four guests.
This program does not include any tactile interaction with a penguin (touching).
Please note the following:
- Penguin Encounters do NOT include general admission. Admission must be purchased separately.
- You must be at least 8 years old to participate in an Animal Encounter.
- Participants cannot be pregnant.
- Participants must be able to kneel and walk up/down stairs without assistance.