- Is the Aquarium of Niagara a not-for-profit institution?
Yes. Less than 2% of our funding comes from government-based sources and the rest of our operating budget, which includes animal welfare, feeding our living collection, exhibits, acquiring new animals, events, training, marketing, promotions and salaries, come from admissions, gift shop purchases and generous donations. We need your continued support to bring you, and our animals, the very best in aquatic life, education and conservation.
- What time are the sea lion shows?
Visit out Daily Schedule here.
- Is the Aquarium accessible to those with physical limitations?
Yes. We have a ramp entrance in the rear of the building and elevator access to the second floor and basement levels.
- I'm interested in volunteering. Do you have information?
Please click here for more information.
- How far is the Aquarium from Niagara Falls?
We are literally right across the street from the Niagara River Gorge and near the entrance to the New York State Park, making it an easy walking distance from local attractions such as Maid of the Mist.
- What else in the vicinity of the Aquarium?
We are right in the heart of the cultural district of Niagara Falls and we’re footsteps away from the New York State Park, the Niagara Adventure Theater, Cave of the Wind, the Niagara Gorge Discovery Center and Maid of the Mist. In fact, you can see all these attractions – including the Aquarium of Niagara – for 35% off from May 20th – October 20th, 2016 when you buy the Discovery Pass. There’s plenty of local dining including The Rain Forest Café, TGI Fridays, Sheraton at the Falls, The Hard Rock Café, The Niagara Falls Culinary Institute and Wine on Third.
- Do I have to purchase tickets prior to my arrival?
Soon you will be able to buy tickets on our website. For now you buy admission tickets when you arrive at the aquarium.
- How long does it take to tour the entire aquarium?
That depends on what you want to see and do. We have 30 exhibits, sea lion shows, seal presentations, animal feedings, the touch tank and educational and recreational programs, events and our great gift shop.
- Can I touch the animals?
Most of our animals are not available to touch. We do, however, offer encounters with our seals, penguins and classroom touch tank. You can sign up for one of these tours where you’ll be able to touch and interact with the animals.
- Do you rent strollers and wheelchairs?
We have wheelchairs that are free to use on a first come, first serve basis with a photo ID. People with infants and small children must bring their own strollers.
- How much is parking?
May to September parking charges are:
Aquarium Guests $5
Overnight Guests $10
Buses and RVs $20
October to April parking is free.
- If I buy an admission ticket can I see one part of the aquarium, leave and come back later the same day?
Yes. When you arrive we’ll stamp your hand and that stamp will let you come back any time during the same day.
- Are there ATMs at the Aquarium?
- Is smoking permitted?
We are a smoke-free facility.
- How do I book a birthday, anniversary or corporate party?
For a birthday party click here. To host an anniversary party or corporate retreat click here.
- Do you have public restrooms?
No, restrooms are for paid guests only.
- Is the Aquarium pet friendly?
The Aquarium of Niagara is not pet friendly for the safety of our animals. We do allow service dogs.