Bring the Aquarium to you with our outreach programs! We can visit your classroom or event with our ambassador animals and biofacts.
Outreach program details:
- We can present up to four 30-minute sessions or staff a table for up to two hours.
- Reservations must be made no less than two weeks in advance.
- Outreach programs not available on Mondays.
- Additional fees for evening and weekend programs.
- We can visit locations up to 90-minutes away, however additional fees apply beyond a 60-minute drive.
- Payment- we will send an invoice to your organization after the program.
Can’t gather everyone together? We can join you online with our virtual program options!
Animal Tales — ages 1-6 years — Participants will hear a story about the animal, learn about the animal through interactive activities, then have the opportunity to meet the animal in person. Choices include ONE of the following: Turtle, Lobster, Horseshoe Crab, Sea Star, Green Crab, Sea Urchin, Hermit Crab, or Sea Snail. Animals are subject to availability.
Marine Invertebrates — all ages — Learn about what makes our invertebrates unique, and how they are adapted to survive in the ocean. Participants will get the opportunity for a 2-finger touch interaction. Animals are subject to availability, but may include crabs, sea stars, sea snails, and/or lobster.
Turtle Encounter — ages 3 and up- Meet our charismatic ambassador turtles, learn about their special stories, and get an up-close encounter with these amazing animals.
Squid Dissection — ages 11 and up- Get an up-close and inside view of these cephalopods! Squid are acquired from our frozen food supply and are thawed prior to the program (no live animals). Squid Dissections have an additional lab fee.