The Aquarium of Niagara is proud to support our community through in-kind donations for charitable fundraisers.
We receive a very large number of requests and are unable to accommodate all of them.
To ensure we are able support organizations that closely align with our own organizational mission and values, we have created the following eligibility criteria.
If you believe your organization meets our requirements, please complete the online form.
Please note that no requests via phone, email, or postal mail will be considered.
Requests must be submitted two months before the fundraising event.
The Aquarium considers donation requests from:
- Organizations that are registered with the IRS as a 501(c) (3) charitable organization (you will need to provide your 501(c)(3) or Tax ID number)
- Organizations located within Erie or Niagara County ONLY unless they are:
- Another Western New York arts/cultural or animal welfare organization
- Another accredited zoo or aquarium
- While not a requirement, preference will be given to local organizations that support environmental conservation, animal welfare, education, environmental science, and community welfare)
The Aquarium does not consider donation requests from:
- Political or partisan organizations or campaigns
- Religious groups or religion-based organizations
- Individuals or organizations fundraising for an individual
- Organizations that operate or support activities counter to the mission of the Aquarium of Niagara
- Organizations that are actively engaged in highly controversial issues or use controversial tactics to advocate their position. A controversial issue is a serious matter for which different segments of the community have strong opposing positions and that has an impact on society or its institutions. A controversial tactic is an unlawful activity, or an extreme action that intentionally damages or threatens people or property
- Individual schools
- Athletic groups/ sports teams unless they serve special needs or underserved populations
- For-profit organizations
- Fundraisers benefitting something outside of the US
- Fraternal or social organizations, labor unions, alumni groups, or trade associations
- Sponsorship requests/ requests for monetary donations
- Organizations that have received a donation from the Aquarium within the last calendar year
The standard donation is a family four-pack of admission tickets that will expire one year from the date of issue. The Aquarium will not reissue passes that have expired without use. The Aquarium will consider requests for other donation items (memberships, gift shop items, animal interaction programs) on a case-by-case basis.