As a result of the recent flood here at the Aquarium, the elevators are temporarily out of service.
Open 9:00AM Daily
Parking is Free Everyday
Last admission at 4:30PM
Building closes at 5:00PM
Volunteers Interns and Docents
Education, Marketing or Fish, Invertebrates & Birds:
If you like animals and a friendly staff, we are looking for people of all ages to volunteer or intern at the Aquarium. We have opportunities in Fish, Invertebrates & Birds, education, marketing and docents. Depending on your interests you can help prepare food for the animals, clean habitats and tanks, perform science experiments, work in the marketing and events office or help out in the Education department.
Interested applicants please email Lee Hales at email@example.com
Volunteer or Intern for Marine Mammal Care:
- A full-time internship with the Marine Mammal Care department is designed for college students and recent graduates. The internship will be instrumental in gaining increased experience with California sea lions, harbor seals and grey seals. Selected interns will work closely with the marine mammal staff and will be schooled in techniques, animal husbandry behaviors and care.
- Must currently be enrolled in college or recently graduated with a major in animal science, biology. zoology, psyschology or another related field
- Serious interest in a career with marine mammal training
- Able to work on a team - as well as function independently - with little supervision
- Must be able to afford housing and transportation
- Able to lift and carry fifty (50) pounds; work on uneven and slippery surfaces; withstand extreme hot and cold temperatures; be able to sit/stand for long periods of time when necessary
- Demonstrated proficiency in public speaking and guest interaction
- Competent swimmer and comfortable in cold, deep water. SCUBA certification is a plus, but not necessary
- Must be able to work a 40-hour work week for a 12-week period
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Krystin Zelasko at firstname.lastname@example.org